ADHD & Work
Are you struggling with balancing ADHD and work?
Dr. Hallowell explains in this video:
- Why you should find the right job for your ADHD race car brain
- what to watch out for
- what to look for
- why it’s important to balance total freedom and structure in the workplace and more.
Watch and learn how to develop and use your strengths in the workplace and how to find the right job for you.
Read Dr. Hallowell’s 10 Tips to Achieving Focus in Today’s Busy Workplace.
THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE ADHD ADULTS
Excerpted from Delivered From Distraction
1. Do what you’re good at. Don’t spend too much time trying to get good at what you’re bad at. (You did enough of that in school.)
2. Delegate what you’re bad at to others, as often as possible.
3. Connect your energy to a creative outlet.
4. Get well enough organized to achieve your goals. The key here is “well enough.” That doesn’t mean you have to be very well organized at all—just well enough organized to achieve your goals.
5. Ask for and heed advice from people you trust—and ignore, as best you can, the dream-breakers and ﬁnger-waggers.
6. Make sure you keep up regular contact with a few close friends.
7. Go with your positive side. Even though you have a negative side, make decisions and run your life with your positive side.
© Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Join Dr. Hallowell and other experts as they discuss Thriving in the Workplace with ADHD and provide tips on how to stay organized, finish projects on time and build your self esteem.
Read Dr. Hallowell’s book, Driven to Distraction at Work . Learn about ADT (Attention Deficit Trait), its traits, how it affects your focus and productivity, and what are the six most common distractions at work and how to overcome them.
- Defining ADHD
- ADHD: The Gender Issue and Girls
- Dr. Hallowell Books on ADHD
- ADHD and Teens
- Diagnosing ADHD
- Symptoms of ADHD
- Treating ADHD
- Signs of ADHD in Adults
- Signs of ADHD in Children
- ADHD Myths and Facts
- Top 10 Questions on ADHD
- ADHD for Parents
- ADHD Family Summer Camp
- Essential Attitudes Developed in Childhood
- ADHD & Relationships
- ADHD for Teachers
- ADHD: The Heredity Factor
- ADHD Resources
- ADHD & Work
If you're having problems balancing ADHD and work, click HERE to learn how The Hallowell Centers can help you develop and build on your strengths.