Depression and Mood Disorders
Dysthymia or persistent depressive disorder, is a continuous long-term (chronic) form of depression that may seriously affect your normal daily activities, result in low self-esteem and a feeling of hopelessness and loss of productivity. These feelings can have a negative impact on your relationships, school, work and daily activities. Since these feelings generally last for years, you may feel it’s a normal part of your life.
Bipolar disorder is a mental illness marked by dramatic shifts in a person’s mood, behavior, thought, and ability to think clearly. People with bipolar experience high and low moods known as manic depression which differ from the typical ups-and-downs most people experience.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression because a person’s mood can alternate between the “poles”—mania (highs) and depression (lows). The change in mood can last for hours, days, weeks, or months.
How the Hallowell Center Can Help
If you’re experiencing depression, dysthymia or Bipolar Disorder, seeing a mental health professional is the first step to recovery. Taking the time to get diagnosed and set up a treatment plan is an investment in your health and well-being; the condition will not go away on its own. At The Hallowell Center, we offer a variety of diagnostic and assessment tools to help us evaluate and understand your specific needs. Find out how one of our qualified mental health professional can help you by calling 212-799-7777 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- DSM-IV Clinical Definition ADHD
- Practical Tips for Managing Adult ADHD
- Meet Dr. Hallowell
- The Hallowell Centers
- Getting Therapy During COVID 19
- Emotional Wellness
- Upcoming Events
- 10 Antidotes for Anxiety
- 10 Tips – Classroom Management of ADHD
- Achieving Focus in Today’s Busy Workplace
- Managing Anger in Children (and parents)
- Family Breakfast
- How Will Core Coaching Help Me?
- Depression and Mood Disorders
- Keys to Unlocking ADHD
- Mining Magnificent Minds Download
- CrazyBusy: Managing Your Time
- Twelve Points for Making Meaningful Connections with Others
- Dr. Hallowell’s Inventory of a Connected Life
- 20 Relationship Tips
- Are You Living A CrazyBusy Life?
- New York City
- Boston Metrowest
- San Francisco
- Patient Service Agreement
- Welcome Letter to New Patients
- Study Mates Registration Form for Middle School Students
- Study Mates Registration Form for High School Students
- Study Mates Registration Form for College Students
- Study Mates Registration Middle School Students Session 2
- Study Mates Registration High School Students Session 2
- Study Mates Registration College Students Session 2