How Couples Therapy Can Help: Many relations can be plagued by anger, misunderstandings, frustration and hurt. In relationships where one or both members of the couple have ADHD or other mental health/addiction issues, the challenges can be amplified. ADHD, in particular, presents some unique challenges particularly when ADHD has not been diagnosed. Also when the couple does not understand how it impacts the relationship.
The good news is that couples therapy can help!
Couples therapy helps a couple slow down, truly listen to and better understand both their partner and themselves. Once couples are better at listening and understanding they can improve their communication so that interactions become more productive and positive.
Choosing the right couples therapist is important. Whoever you see as a couples therapist must understand and be able to treat all couples. The couples therapists at the Hallowell Center are well trained to do.
When ADHD is an issue in the relationship
If Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is an issue in the relationship, it is also critical that your therapist understands ADHD and the way it impacts relationships. All of the Hallowell Center clinicians who do couples therapy are experts on this topic. As a result, with this expertise they’re best able to help couples navigate this often challenging terrain.
To learn more about couples therapy and to schedule a session, fill out the form below. Carey Anderson will follow up with you.
In this Distraction podcast episode, you’ll get ADHD and Marriage advice from Dr. Hallowell and his wife Sue.
- Teletherapy for Anxiety and Attention Issues
- CoreFour Coaching For Entrepreneurs
- Medication Management
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Parent Training
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Transfer of Care
- Medication Evaluation / Consultation
- Couples Therapy
- Diagnostic Clinical Evaluations
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Adults and Children
- Parent Support for Kids with Special Needs
- Parent Psycho-educational and Support Groups for ADHD
- ADHD Coaching for Adults
- Parent Coaching
- Executive Function and Academic Coaching
- The Mindful Approach to Attention
- Coaching for College Students